SnowmobileLinks.com Forums and Classifieds
Old 09-19-2007, 09:56 AM   #1
cstein

My Sled: Polaris
Default Snowmobile Sleigh Covered/Convertible

Hi! I have a fiberglass snowmobile sleigh with a windshield and new convertible top. Comfortably seats 4 children, 2 on the bench seat and 2 on the floor. Seats 1 adult and 1 child on the bench.
Great sleigh for untold hours of fun with the kids. If you have kids you know that nothing can end a day of fun faster than cold kids! This sleigh is great because it keeps the kids out of the wind. All I ever did for extra warmth was to put hand warmers under the liner of our son's Mukluks. We also kept a fleece lap blanket in it.
Our son rode all over Northern Minnesota in the sleigh, happily playing GameBoy and eating snacks. When he was really young he would even fall asleep! A real comfortable ride.
The sleigh is black fiberglass with red and gray stripes. The convertible top is only 2 years old. The top is made of snowmobile seat vinyl so it won't crack as a result of the blistering cold in this area. It remains supple and easy to deal with in the worst cold weather.
There are 2 zip (heavy duty zippers) off/open doors with "windows." We are only selling because Adam outgrew it and wants a sled of his own this year. Sad to see it go, but will be happy to know another family can have as much fun with it as we did.
This sleigh is older. I honestly don't know when it was made or by whom. It is in outstanding condition. The fiberglass is perfect. Honestly the only improvement I can think of would be a fresh coat of paint on the skis.
Check prices on Arctic Kat Kutters. They are an open sleigh and sell for about $2K new. Further searches for closed sleighs, comparable to what I have are retailing for $3K+ new.
My covered sleigh is a bargain at $1500. That price is firm, no negotiation. Sleigh can be picked up in Hibbing, Minnesota. Feel free to call or write with any questions.
Thanks,
Cathy
218/263-3773
cathym.stein@mchsi.com
cstein is offline   Reply With Quote